Our branch in LAWRENCE, NEW YORK, USA, is currently recruiting for
AIR IMPORT OPERATION
The role includes the following duties:
- Management, with increasing autonomy, of Import shipments
- Contact with airlines for resolving shipping problems
- Contacts with Group branches for all communications relating to shipments in progress
- Entry of goods data and issuing of shipping documents (Utilizing AS400)
- Contact with local customers to define and organize the shipment in progress
If the selected candidate resides in Italy, there will be a 3-month training in Italy (Alessandria office and Malpensa office) and then join the existing Import team in the Lawrence office (JFK office), NY, USA.
Skills and requirements:
- Language: The candidates must be fluent in English to communicate effectively with USA clients and government agencies. Fluency in Italian is prefered as the key role of the position is to handle shipments and consolidations coming from Italy. Communicating with clients and offices who only speak Italian. A third language is appreciated, preferably Spanish.
- Work experience: Previous (even short) experience in the shipping field is welcome, interest in the sector and related technicalities is essential.
- Educational qualification: High School Diploma; Degree in Economics and Commerce, Logistics and Transport, Law and Corporate Finance is welcome
- Computer skills: previous experience on AS400 systems and knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Excel) and the Google Workspace suite is appreciated
We are looking for a dynamic person, available at hourly flexibility, with an excellent aptitude for learning and able to effectively manage tight deadlines. The work environment is stimulating and lively.
The selection is aimed at candidates of both sexes pursuant to Legislative Decree 198/2006. All applications must be accompanied by the authorization to process personal data and will be managed in accordance with Legislative Decree 196/03.
AT FERRARI GROUP, WE BUILD RELATIONSHIPS
Ferrari Group is an equal opportunity employer. Ferrari Group does not discriminate based on race/colour/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ferrari Group is a market leader in international freight forwarding and logistics solutions for jewelry and luxury goods, with operations available globally. Ferrari Group firmly believes that the key to winning the hearts of clients lies in “adding value”: the company places a very strong emphasis on high service quality, flexibility, timeliness, responsiveness, and accurate solutions to customers’ needs. If you have the top skills we require and are interested in discovering why Ferrari Group really stands out from the rest, we look forward to receiving your application.